India is a massive country, and it is the perfect holiday destination for everyone. However, it can get quite confusing to decide which destination to choose. Given the size of the country, it is hard to choose one destination that you should explore. Each city in India has its own character and charm, and each city is worth exploring at least once. But, if you have a limited amount of time to spend in India, then you cannot afford to visit all these amazing places. Distance is another problem that you need to tackle when you are making your choice.
With so many choices and an abundance of fabulous places to visit, India is one of the greatest countries for holidaymakers. People from all over the world book cheap flights to India and come here to enjoy all that this exotic nation has to offer. If you are one of the many struggling to make a final decision and choose a city for your next trip, we are here to make things simpler for you. This list of Indian cities is the only list you need to find out which destination is perfect for your vacation. All of these cities have something great to offer everyone.
- Delhi: It is a no brainer that the capital city of India bags the first spot on this list. This historically and culturally important city should definitely be your first choice when you choose to visit India. Delhi is a beautiful city that offers you everything you are looking for when you plan your trip to India. The city has some of the best food, beautiful tourist spots, historical sites, great shopping areas, and much more. All these things make Delhi the perfect destination for your next holiday. No matter when you choose to visit, you will be able to witness a different side of Delhi each time.
- Kolkata: If you are interested in architecture and design, then you need to pack your bags this instant, book cheap flights to India, and visit Kolkata. As an important city during the British Raj, Kolkata has some of the most marvelous examples of colonial architecture that you can see. From the historical spots to the homes, you can see some amazing architecture in this beautiful city. Kolkata is also known for its food and desserts. This i=city is a paradise for food lovers. When you choose to visit Kolkata, you give yourself the opportunity to indulge in a variety of flavors that you cannot taste anywhere else in the whole world.
- Agra: Home to the Taj Mahal, Agra is a worthy addition to any itinerary. The Taj Mahal is a symbol of India, and leaving India without seeing the beauty of this historical place for yourself would be a shame. The Taj Mahal is a magnificent structure and a symbol of love. The beauty and perfection embodied by this stunning structure are best seen during sunrise. Once you visit this city, you will also realize that Agra has much more to offer apart from the Taj Mahal. You can also visit the Agra Fort here, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Mumbai: Mumbai is the city of dreams and dreamers. Home to Bollywood, Mumbai has many people who come here in hopes of giving flight to their dreams. Apart from the dreamy side, Mumbai is also an important city with regard to the history of the place. From ancient civilizations to a modern democracy, Mumbai has been a witness to various phases of the country. If you are interested in learning more about India and diving deeper into the past of the country, then Mumbai promises to be the right choice for you.
- Varanasi: As one of the oldest and continuously inhabited cities in the world, Varanasi is a city that has much to offer. Varanasi is also an important spot of pilgrimage for Hindus in India and around the world. Settled on the banks of the holy river Ganga, Varanasi is the place, where people come to perform the last rites of their loved ones. Varanasi can be quite intense, but it is also part of the charm of this place. Apart from the religious and spiritual aspects of Varanasi, you can also treat your eyes to a beautiful sunrise and sunset on the banks of the river.
- Amritsar: Amritsar is located in the Northern state of Punjab. This city is a chaotic mess that will make you fall in love with you. The Golden Temple located in Amritsar is an important religious place for Sikhs. But, you do not need to be a religious person to appreciate the beauty of this place of worship. The Golden Temple is a brilliant site that is a treat for anyone’s eyes. Apart from this place, there are several other tourist spots like the Jallianwala Bagh and Wagah Border, that you can visit on your trip to Amritsar.
- Goa: The party capital of the country is perfect for anyone looking to lay back and relax for their holiday. Lined with stunning golden sand beaches and palm trees, Goa is a place for party lovers. There are plenty of beaches where you can relax and enjoy the picturesque views. If you are interested in tapping into your spiritual side, then you need to attend at least one yoga or meditation class. Another great thing about Goa is the mouth-watering food here. As a colony of Portuguese merchants, Goa has a scrumptious blend of flavors that you need to taste.
All these cities have a different character and vibe to them. Although all the cities have a rich history and culture, the diversity even in that aspect will leave you spellbound. Whatever you are looking for, these cities will surely provide you with the right answer. So, depending on all the various tourist attractions and activities you can enjoy in these cities, you can make your choice and book your cheap flights to India as soon as possible.