There has been a lot of talk about insulations and how it generally has an impact on properties. In the United Kingdom, there is said to be a significant increase of about 14% in the value of a property that has roof insulation done.
It can be confusing for most people when it comes to selecting the right type of insulation for your roof. This is because there are many types that are available out there in the market. We look at the available options and the one that is best suited for most homes.
Roof Insulation Options in the UK
You would have to be specific about why you would wish to have roof insulation done. This is because almost all of them have their own pros and cons. Unless you know about each of them you would not be able to decide which one suits you best.
- Blanket Insulation: This type of insulation is considered to be the cheaper option and hence used by many people. Although it is not considered ideal for roofing insulations there are still people who use it.
- Sheet Insulation: Used on the underside this is particularly made of either natural or synthetic materials. However, this is considered to be expensive which is the reason behind it not being very popular among homeowners for roof insulation.
- Loose-Fill Insulation: Although this is commonly used in the United Kingdom this roof insulation can often get really messy. Different materials are used for this type and it includes recycled newspaper, cork granules, and other lightweight materials.
- Blown-Fibre Insulation: This is not a complete solution and is often used only for places that are otherwise unreachable. It also belongs to the expensive kinds of roof insulation that is available.
- Spray Foam Roof Insulation: You can find that spray foam roof insulation is the most effective and inexpensive way to insulate your home. This is not just cheaper to install but would also end up helping your home or office insulated properly.
Verdict – Spray Foam Roof Insulation
Although each of the insulations has its downside the spray foam roof insulation is considered the best. When you use the roof insulation foam it protects you from air, water, heat, and cold and helps you stay at peace when you are inside your home.
Once you decide to have a roof insulation foam installed you can choose to connect with the companies that do them in your locality. They can provide you with a quote and get you started immediately with the installation process.